The primary interests of the Huang Lab are in the molecular basis of genetic diseases in human.
The lab is currently focusing on the following areas:
- The role of TBX3 in breast cancer and human embryonic stem (hES) cells;
- The genetic basis of optic atrophy and inducible pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) therapy;
- Identifying the disease-causing gene associated with noncompaction of the ventricular myocardium, also known as spongy heart;
- Identification of the disease-causing gene for Lenz Microphthalmia Syndrome (LMS) using whole genome exome sequencing technology.
- The intracellular pathway to study TBX5